1. Ragging is strictly prohibited and punishable under
2. Every boarder has to follow timing fixed for reporting
back to the hostel.
Winter (1 Oct. to 30 Mar) 7:00 pm Summer (1 Apr. to
30 Sept.) 7:30 pm
3. Hostlers are not allowed to bring Day Scholars without
the written permission of the warden in the Hostel
Premises (inside Room, Mess, etc.)
4. Always keep your Hostel ID in your pocket to prove
your identity, whenever required.
5. Playing music at high volume causing disturbance to
other inmates is not allowed.
6. While leaving the rooms, lights, fans etc. should be
switched-off to avoid fine or other punitive action.
Use of personal electrical appliances, indoor cooking
including making of Tea/Coffee/Maggie/Cup Noodles
and the like, in the rooms, is strictly prohibited.
Intoxicants, Liquors, Tobacco, Explosives, Weapons,
Obscene materials etc. are not allowed to be kept
/stored by the students in the Room / Hostel premises.
Writing/mentioning obscenity on doors, walls,
furniture, switch plates etc. in the hostel premises
including washroom walls is strictly prohibited.
7. Any type of sexual harassment/ un-natural behavior is
8. Students shall not hold any meeting or organize any
collective activity in the hostel without the written
permission of the Warden.
9. Use of Loud-Speakers in hostels is prohibited.
However, on special occasions, it may be used with
prior permission of the Director on the
recommendation of Warden. Entry of Loud Speaker
shall not be permitted inside the Campus except with
the written permission of the Director.
10. Celebration of parties, playing with dry / wet colors
/plain water in the hostel premises as well as in the
Institute Campus is strictly prohibited. However an
event may be organized in a specified area inside the
Campus with the prior permission of the Director on
the recommendation of the Warden.
11. Behaving improperly with Warden/Faculty
warden/Asst. Warden/Catering Manager/Waiters/
person of the Hostel will be treated as misconduct.
Canvassing for Membership of Bodies/Agencies (like
Avon, Amway, Oriflamme, etc.) or promoting sale and
purchase (like cosmetics, soaps, etc) in the hostel is
12. Students are not permitted to keep excessive cash and
valuables with them in their rooms.
A student should have smart bearing when going out
of the hostel always using dress be fitting the occasion
and place of visit.
13. During the Institute timings, the students should
invariably be in their classes/library/computer lab
excepting those who are permitted to stay in their
respective rooms by the Hostel warden due to
14. A student falling sick or feeling symptoms of sickness
should report to the Hostel warden. First Aid is
available with the warden. To facilitate evaluation of a
sick student to the.